Executive Chef Alicia Jenish of Grand Café in San Francisco harnesses summer with her marinated pepper salad and grilled panzenella. Fire up the grill and bask in the deliciousness.
Summer Grilled Panzenella
Print this page
Executive ChefAlicia Jenish
Serves 4 as an entrée and 6 as a starter
- ¼ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Focaccia, sliced into ½-inch x 4-inch strips
- 3 scallions
- 2 zucchinis, sliced lengthwise
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 6 basil leaves
- 6 parsley leaves
- 4 oz. feta, preferably French
- Place the cherry tomatoes, vinegar and olive oil into a bowl.
- Drizzle the Focaccia and scallions with olive oil.
- Rub the zucchini with garlic, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the bread, scallions and zucchinis. Cut them all into bite-sized pieces and place in a mixing bowl, then toss with the tomato mixture.
- Season with salt, pepper and herb leaves, and sprinkle in feta.